With Father’s Day around the corner, I’m once again thinking of creative ways to surprise my husband, the father of my children, with gifts that he would appreciate. Here are some of my faves – some old some new…
Top Ten Reasons
- Number one on my list is a photo book to let him know how much he is loved. Using Shutterfly’s TOP 10 template, it was a cinch to make. I asked the kids to contribute reasons why they love daddy… My fave: “because he takes us to the beach, even though he HATES SAND”. Daddyhood in a nutshell!
- Number two is making him something he can use everyday. Shutterfly’s personalized apron fit the bill perfectly. My husband loves to grill, he is good at it, and he does it at least 3-4 times a week. I used a photo I had snapped of him holding utensils, added graphics in Photoshop & voila. Needless to say he LOVES this apron and wears it all the time now.
- The third item on my list is based on a comment my husband made about a photo I had taken of our family recently (and he NEVER comments on things like that!!). He said “I think this is the best photo of us to date”. Naturally, it HAD TO BE MADE into a canvas to hang on the wall. It is perfection & I can’t wait to give it to him on Father’s Day.
- The forth item was a no-brainer. TREAT has truly become my go-to place for witty & beautifully designed cards. Father’s Day is no exception.
- Of course, I wouldn’t be ME if I didn’t add something hand-made as well. With our kids help, I constructed a ‘daddy bouquet’ of sorts, using his favorite candy and a few funny photos. The kids had such fun making this for daddy & daddy was delighted to have ALL the treats for himself for once.
Hang it up
See more of Petia’s projects on her Shutterfly Share Site.
Other Ways to Connect"Like" us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
Visit our YouTube Channel
Visit our Celebrations Digital Scrapbooking Blog