- Picture More - http://blog.shutterfly.com -
When Daddy is in Charge
Posted By Petia Mitchell On June 13, 2013 @ 10:01 pm In Featured,Holiday | No Comments
A couple of years ago, the new economic reality dictated that my husband becomes a SAHD (stay at home dad). Daddy-hood was not easy at first. It got easier with time.
Being who I am, I was always a little jealous of all the time my kids get to spend with their dad instead of me, and also always wondered what really goes on when daddy is in charge… I had the chance to ‘peek in’ a couple of weeks ago, and this is what I saw:
1. When daddy is in charge, a seemingly ordinary everyday school pickup becomes the time to share schoolyard stories, struggles & triumphs.
2. When daddy is in charge, shoulder rides are the norm.
3. When daddy is in charge, flying kites on a windy day after school is not out of the question.
4. When daddy is in charge, after school snacks are home made & yummy.
5. When daddy is in charge, discussing how a Lima bean grows is the stuff of life.
6. When daddy is in charge, HE IS the jungle gym.
7. When daddy is in charge, reading Beauty & the Beast while wearing princess tiaras is totally normal, and in fact essential.
8. When daddy is in charge, brushing hair with utmost care & patience is required.
9. When daddy is in charge, watching cartoons piled up on the bed is such a daddy thing to do!!!
10. When daddy is in charge, his hand is always available to hold (and always will be).
I can’t help but think how fortunate our kids are to have Daddy be in charge every day.
Article printed from Picture More: http://blog.shutterfly.com
URL to article: http://blog.shutterfly.com/13943/when-daddy-is-in-charge/
Copyright © 2009 Picture This. All rights reserved. Please recycle.