Looking to add a little spice to your holiday season or sweeten a holiday gathering? Here’s a tried and true recipe I think everyone can use this holiday season. It’ll fit in a stocking, requires little time to create, and is guaranteed to be enjoyed by any recipient!
(image by AngieS596)
First, the ingredients:
- Gather 10 to 30 of your favorite photos from 2009 (or earlier) and add to Shutterfly
- Season with a thematic saying to help caption the memories
Your photos can be from one occasion (like a party or a trip) or spread out across multiple months and seasons. I love looking through my photos of the year and finding my favorites.
(image by AliEdwards)
Sometime the seasonings can be a bit tricky for folks. I found a couple of ideas in Shutterfly’s Gallery that you can use or may inspire another idea. holiday book 09 by AngieS596 uses the ‘Love is…’ saying liberally. AE 5×7 Baby Book by AliEdwards uses simple sentiments to add sweetness to her creation. bday book by lauraE249 spices up her book with a list of reasons her kids are thankful for their father.
Next, mix the ingredients together:
- Pick your size, any will do, but a 5×7 photo book is easy to take stuff in a purse or briefcase and easy on the pocketbook, starting at $12.99
- Layout the pages with a photo or 2 and add sayings generously as captions or on facing pages
- Select a favorite photo for the cover (I like using a full bleed image to really capture your attention)
- Preview and order
Your book will be done in plenty of time for the holidays. If you don’t get around to trying this recipe for a couple of weeks, make sure to check our shipping guidelines to ensure on time arrival.
(image by LauraE249)
I would love to hear how you add your own spin to this recipe as well as what the recipients think of your creation. Share their reactions below!
Other Ways to Connect"Like" us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
Visit our YouTube Channel
Visit our Celebrations Digital Scrapbooking Blog