Looking to add a little spice to your holiday season or sweeten a holiday gathering? Here’s a tried and true recipe I think everyone can use this holiday season. It’ll fit in a stocking, requires little time to create, and is guaranteed to be enjoyed by any recipient!
(image by AngieS596)
First, the ingredients:
- Gather 10 to 30 of your favorite photos from 2009 (or earlier) and add to Shutterfly
- Season with a thematic saying to help caption the memories
Your photos can be from one occasion (like a party or a trip) or spread out across multiple months and seasons. I love looking through my photos of the year and finding my favorites.
(image by AliEdwards)
Sometime the seasonings can be a bit tricky for folks. I found a couple of ideas in Shutterfly’s Gallery that you can use or may inspire another idea. holiday book 09 by AngieS596 uses the ‘Love is…’ saying liberally. AE 5×7 Baby Book by AliEdwards uses simple sentiments to add sweetness to her creation. bday book by lauraE249 spices up her book with a list of reasons her kids are thankful for their father.
Next, mix the ingredients together:
- Pick your size, any will do, but a 5×7 photo book is easy to take stuff in a purse or briefcase and easy on the pocketbook, starting at $12.99
- Layout the pages with a photo or 2 and add sayings generously as captions or on facing pages
- Select a favorite photo for the cover (I like using a full bleed image to really capture your attention)
- Preview and order
Your book will be done in plenty of time for the holidays. If you don’t get around to trying this recipe for a couple of weeks, make sure to check our shipping guidelines to ensure on time arrival.
(image by LauraE249)
I would love to hear how you add your own spin to this recipe as well as what the recipients think of your creation. Share their reactions below!