Every family looks forward to getting away. To help you have the best family vacation yet, I’ve compiled some of my favorite tips and ideas:
Planning – deciding where to go is one of the most important decisions for your vacation. This is where you’ll need to consider the ages of those in your group, how well they travel, and what they like to do.
(Image by HeatherRAE)
Destination – choose a destination that everyone will enjoy
- Small children may have trouble with a long flight or changes in time zone. Think about your child’s ability to adjust when choosing a destination.
- You may feel that a relaxing vacation on the Hawaiian Island of Lanai is a paradise on Earth. But an active teenage son or daughter might be happier on Waikiki
(Image by jenniferandrick)
Accommodations – are there activities for children? A game room? A swimming pool?
- Many hotels, especially in Florida, Mexico and Hawaii, offer bonus values for families with children, ranging from free meals to kids staying free on their properties
- Research room options, you may save money with a suite, instead of getting two rooms
(Image by Kelly1963)
Packing – you don’t even think about it until something goes wrong
- Avoid a lost-bag emergency by packing a little of everything in each suitcase
- Pack essential items in your carry-on bag
- Save space by putting little shoes in big shoes, socks and underwear inside little shoes
- Share toiletry items or plan to use the hotel’s complimentary products
- Pack a few toys, if necessary, and leave the rest at home
- Do you need to pack diapers or can they be purchased in destination?
(Image by MelindaM54)
Traveling – an occupied child is a happy child
- Keep your kids involved by giving them small tasks such as carrying a bag
- Make use of the DVD player on your laptop computer by playing a favorite video
- Bring snacks to curb moodiness due to hunger, it also saves on airport expenses
- On the airplane a gift or treat could be an incentive for good behavior
(Image by cB0068)
On Vacation – you’ve reached your destination and the fun can begin
- Keep everyone’s feelings in mind. Not everyone has the same walking speed or endurance, and not everyone has the same tolerance for crowds, heat, etc.
- An afternoon at the hotel pool is just what the doctor ordered to recharge your child’s battery for the next batch of excitement
(Image by magdaH6)
I hope these tips help make your next vacation fun and easy. Bon Voyage, and be sure to share some of those great vacation photos!
Other Ways to Connect"Like" us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
Visit our YouTube Channel
Visit our Celebrations Digital Scrapbooking Blog