- Picture More - http://blog.shutterfly.com -
How to get more Share site visits
Posted By Rachel B On August 3, 2010 @ 7:00 am In Family | 8 Comments
Updating your Shutterfly Share site  is a great way to get family and friends to come back and visit more often, but sometimes you just don’t have time to write a new journal entry or upload hundreds of new photos. Here are a few easy ways to change things up without a lot of effort.
1) Tag your pictures. Let friends and family know they’re in your Share site pictures by tagging them! It takes just seconds and it’s a great way to bring people back to your site. See details below.
2) Comment on your photos. Add a comment to one of your Share site photos. A short description, or a simple thought. Even better – a question! These extra bits of information will draw people in, and they take no time at all.
3) Post a quick note. Write a quick thought in your comments section! Again, it takes just minutes and is a fun quick way to draw people in. See details below.
4) Mini upload. New photos are a great way to encourage visits, but this doesn’t mean you have to upload hundreds at a time! Just grab a few of your favorites and upload them to your site. Takes much less time, and visitors will love it.
Keep in mind: if you want family and friends to keep visiting, make sure they receive updates about your Share site. All you need to do it invite them to become members of your site, then check to make sure your notification are set the way you want them. See details below.
How to tag a photo. Click on a photo in your Share site album, then click on the “Add name tags” link at the bottom of your photo. Type or select a name to tag , and click “Add tag”. The Share site member you tagged will receive an automated email notification.
How to comment on your photo. Click on a photo in your Share site album. At the bottom of your photo you’ll see a comments section. Write your comment and click “Add”.
How to post a note in your comments section. Write your comment and click “Add”.
How to add members: hover over the “Members” menu in the upper right-hand corner of your Share site page. Choose the “add members” option
How to check notifications: hover over the “Customize” menu in the upper right-hand corner of your Share site page. Choose the “edit email settings” option. Now choose the frequency for your site member email updates
Article printed from Picture More: http://blog.shutterfly.com
URL to article: http://blog.shutterfly.com/4429/how-to-get-more-share-site-visits/
URLs in this post:
Updating your Shutterfly Share site: http://www.pinterest.com/pin/create/button/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fblog.shutterfly.com%2F4429%2Fhow-to-get-more-share-site-visits%2F&media=http%3A%2F%2Fblog.shutterfly.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2Fshare-site-6.png&description=How%20to%20get%20more%20Share%20site%20visits
Copyright © 2009 Picture This. All rights reserved. Please recycle.