- Picture More - http://blog.shutterfly.com -
My Las Vegas must-do list
Posted By Sean C On August 7, 2010 @ 7:00 am In Travel | 4 Comments
It’s said that New York is the city that never sleeps. Well, I’ve slept in New York City and didn’t in Las Vegas, so to me Las Vegas is now the city that never sleeps! This year my wife and I did a Vegas all-nighter, and were amazed at how much there was to do that didn’t involve gambling or clubbing.
Image by Nancy S555 )
Shows – we didn’t get the chance to catch any shows but wrote down a list of shows that we want to see next time we are out there:
1) Beatles “LOVE” at the Mirage – this is a tribute to Beatles music put on by Cirque Du Soleil…how could you go wrong?!
2) “O” at the Bellagio – another Cirque Du Soleil show but this one is in the water! I heard great reviews of this show while we were out there and people couldn’t believe the tricks they were doing in the water while holding their breath.
3) Blue Man Group at the Venetian – I’ve seen the Blue Man group in Chicago, but I had such a great time that I NEED to see them again, especially in Vegas.
(Image by SandyT39 )
I could spend a whole blog talking about all the other shows I want to see like Disney’s The Lion King, Stomp Out Loud, and The Phantom of the Opera but you can click here  to see a full list. There are also free shows at a lot of the hotels like the Bellagio Fountains, Pirate show at Treasure Island or the Lake of Dreams show at Wynn Las Vegas.
Hotels – we had so much fun walking up and down the Strip and checking out different hotels and casinos. We didn’t make it in all of them but here are our three favorites:
1) New York, New York  – this replica of New York City as a hotel is unbelievable! The Empire State Building, Statue of Liberty and the Brooklyn Bridge are just a few of the elements that make this place so cool!
2) Caesar’s Palace  – I might be biased towards this hotel because I love the movie “The Hangover”. It was a blast reliving the tomfoolery of Alan, Doug, Phil and Stu. Luckily, we didn’t have any encounters with a tiger or Mike Tyson! Plus, the hotel is spectacular and has an amazing entrance!
3) Bellagio  – I thought it was the most beautiful hotel in Vegas. No crazy themes or bold colors, just a simply built white hotel that is appealing to the eye. The hotel is surrounded by luxury shops that match the Bellagio, and in front is a lake where they have their famous fountains show. The show runs every ½ hour from 3 – 8pm during the week and weekends 12pm – 8pm and every 15 minutes from 8pm – 12am.
(Image by ChristineA374 )
Golf – over time you’ll learn that I am a golf nut and it killed me not to golf while I was in Vegas. So I asked around to find out what some of the top courses were in Las Vegas and here is what I found:
1) The Bear’s Best – as the name indicates, this course is made up of the most famous holes designed by Jack Nicklaus.
2) Royal Links Golf Club – this course is a tribute to 18 of the best holes from different British Open Courses. You can test you skills on “The Road Hole” from St. Andrews or “The Postage Stamp” of Royal Troon” without having to jump the pond. Plus, the clubhouse is a built like a castle.
3) Bali Hai Golf Club – this golf course will make you feel like you are playing in the South Pacific. All the bunkers are filled with Augusta white sand. You can actually catch a glimpse of this course while you are landing at the airport.
(Image by Wendy B )
I had a great little Las Vegas vacation  and can’t wait to knock some of these shows, golf courses, and many other to-dos off my list. If you go to Vegas and don’t do anything I have said above please do yourself a favor and bring VERY comfortable shoes otherwise you’ll end up with what we like to call “Vegas Feet”. Just ask my wife.
What is on your Las Vegas to-do list?
Article printed from Picture More: http://blog.shutterfly.com
URL to article: http://blog.shutterfly.com/4534/my-las-vegas-must-do-list/
URLs in this post:
 Nancy S555: http://community.shutterfly.com/gallery/post/start.sfly?postId=/gallery/1/post/GMGDFgzYN2zlq1bg2Ac1Cy
 SandyT39: http://community.shutterfly.com/gallery/post/start.sfly?postId=/gallery/1/post/GMGDFgzcOXDZu3aA69O-6I
 click here: http://govegas.about.com/od/atozlasvegasshows/A_to_Z_The_Guide_to_Las_Vegas_Shows.htm
 New York, New York: http://www.deltavacations.com/sitenav?tag=HOTEL&id=LAS_NYNY_NYNY&rfr=SFBLOG080310
 Caesar’s Palace: http://www.deltavacations.com/sitenav?tag=HOTEL&id=LAS_CP_CP&rfr=SFBLOG080310
 Bellagio: http://www.deltavacations.com/sitenav?tag=HOTEL&id=LAS_BELL_BELL&rfr=SFBLOG080310
 ChristineA374: http://community.shutterfly.com/gallery/post/start.sfly?postId=/gallery/1/post/GMGDBg5bOWTZqzcgkWlV3y
 Wendy B: http://community.shutterfly.com/gallery/post/start.sfly?postId=/gallery/1/post/GMGDBgzcOGDVm4bg-GDx_o
 Las Vegas vacation: http://www.deltavacations.com/planning/destination.do?destinationCode=LAS&rfr=SFBLOG080310
Copyright © 2009 Picture This. All rights reserved. Please recycle.