Now that my nephews are playing in their local youth sports teams, I want to create a photo book that celebrates their fun times on the field. I also want the book to share life lessons a good game teaches us, like team spirit, attitude, hard work, compassion, and heart. To make these lessons “hit home”, I’ll borrow a few quotes from famous sports heroes. Pairing them with images of my nephews on the field will be the perfect way to capture favorite moments and share a little wisdom, too.
My ten favorite sports quotes
1. “Success – it’s what you do with what you’ve got.” Woody Hayes
2. “Life is ten percent what happens to you and ninety percent how you respond to it.” Lou Holtz
3. “The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in a man’s determination.” Tommy Lasorda
4. “Courage is not the absence of fear, but simply moving on with dignity despite that fear.” Pat Riley
5. “Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.” John Wooden
6. “It’s not whether you get knocked down; it’s whether you get back up.” Vince Lombardi
7. “Do you know what my favorite part of the game is? The opportunity to play.” Mike Singletary
8. “It is not the size of a man but the size of his heart that matters.” Evander Holyfield
9. “The more I practice, the luckier I get.” Jerry Barber
10. “We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.” Vince Lombardi
For more inspiration I’ll review these sports books created by Shutterfly Gallery members.
Got a favorite sports quotes of your own? Share it by commenting on this blog. But only if I can borrow it ; )