- Picture More - http://blog.shutterfly.com -
Holiday photo book gift ideas
Posted By Lara H On November 5, 2010 @ 7:00 am In Photo Book Ideas | 6 Comments
The release of our 2010 collection of holiday cards has got me thinking about photo books as holiday gifts.
List 1 – quick ideas using existing photos
My first list of gift ideas can be created with photos that have already been taken. Little preparation is required to create these books.
(Photo Book by Julie323 )
1. Travel: Most of us have gone on a trip this year, even if it was a weekend camping or a day trip to the beach. Often these trips were spent with family and friends. Why not use the photos you took on your travels to gift these memories in a travel photo book .
2. Year in Review: Take the best shots from each month or season and create a year in review photo book  with those images.
3. Major milestones: Did you or someone you know get engaged, attend a wedding, celebrate the birth of a baby or a big birthday? Each of these events are worth commemorating in a photo book.
4. Favorite photos: Each of us has our favorite photos whether it was one you took last week or an image that someone else took a generation ago. Display, celebrate and share these favorite images in a photo book .
List 2 - ideas that need some preparation time
My second list of gift ideas requires more preparation, but it’s November so you’ve got time. You can also use these gift ideas for birthdays, Valentine’s Day, Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, other holidays, or just because.
(Photo book by Euna-B )
1. Everyday moments: Similar to the year in review idea, this idea incorporates everyday memories  and inspires you to capture details of daily living that you might otherwise overlook.
2. Family history: Whether you decide to take on creating a family tree through photos or just scanning an old family album to give the photos new life, consider telling your family history in a photo book .
3. Tribute book: Is there someone special you want to remember or honor? Make a tribute book  with images and collaborate with others to provide remembrances of that someone special.
4. Family photo shoot: Hand over the camera to a professional or just a friend and get everyone in your family into the picture. Use a group shot for a holiday card and then take the rest of the images and put them in a family photo book .
5. Holiday traditions: From family recipes to ornaments handed down through the generations and all the details in between, document and share your holiday traditions with your family.
6. Teaching books: If there is a youngster in your life, a photo book that can teach  – ABC’s, 123’s, colors – is in order. Look through your existing photos or take some special shots that illustrate the concept you’re trying to convey.
If you need more ideas or further inspiration, browse our Shutterfly Gallery  where you’ll see hundreds of different books that fit each of these themes and will probably give you a dozen more.
Article printed from Picture More: http://blog.shutterfly.com
URL to article: http://blog.shutterfly.com/5723/holiday-photo-book-gift-ideas/
URLs in this post:
 Julie323: http://community.shutterfly.com/gallery/post/start.sfly?postId=/gallery/1/post/GMGDBgzYuGTZg3ZDKpQecA
 travel photo book: http://www.shutterfly.com/photo-books/travel-photo-books
 year in review photo book: http://www.shutterfly.com/photo-books/seasonal-photo-books
 photo book: http://www.shutterfly.com/photo-books/portfolio-photo-books
 Euna-B: http://community.shutterfly.com/gallery/post/start.sfly?postId=/gallery/1/post/GMGDFg0YtHLFqwYAyJ1MT-
 everyday memories: http://www.shutterfly.com/photo-books/celebrate-everyday-life-designed-by-ali-edwards/celebrate-everyday-life-8x8-photo-book
 family history in a photo book: http://www.shutterfly.com/photo-books/family-reunion-photo-books
 tribute book: http://www.shutterfly.com/photo-books/tribute-photo-books
 family photo book: http://www.shutterfly.com/photo-books/everyday-photo-books
 photo book that can teach: http://www.shutterfly.com/photo-books/kids-photo-books
 Shutterfly Gallery: http://community.shutterfly.com/gallery/home/start.sfly
Copyright © 2009 Picture This. All rights reserved. Please recycle.