At the turn of the New Year, something amazing happens, everyone takes a moment to re-evaluate their lives and plan new goals, ideas and resolutions. I don’t really like to use the word “resolution” it seems to be plagued with failure. So instead I’m just focusing on being a better me, discovering my passion and just diving in to a new improved and happy self.
It took me several years and many jobs to realize how important it is to follow your dreams and passions. As mothers we not only owe it to ourselves but we owe it to our children and our spouse to find our true bliss. We need to show, not tell, our kids how important it is to follow your dreams.
This year I’m focusing on what’s important to me from improving our diet, spending time with family and exploring what my true passions and just taking time to really enjoy life.
So the following are on the top of list for the New Year
- Spending more family time together
- Cooking healthy dinners and meals for the entire family
- Adding a date night once a week just for the hubs and I
- Take more pictures but more importantly take more pictures with me in them
- Make time for exercise solo or with the family
- Take time for me to do the things I love and enjoy
- Document the year through pictures and writing
What are you plans and goals for the New Year? Do they include taking more pictures?