Like all holidays there are so many things you can capture this February 14th. I’ve never been a huge celebrator but I find myself getting much more involved now that my daughter is in school.
In fact, after I finish this article, I’ll be searching the web for a cool Valentine’s Day Card Holder craft. So if you have one please send it my way. My only problem is that– I’m not all that “crafty”. Luckily I take a decent picture though, so I can at least capture the Valentine’s Day experience with my camera.
There are so many different ways to capture your affection during this holiday of love and happiness.
Add Fun Props
- Valentines Day is an expressive holiday so don’t be afraid to add block words like love, hugs and kisses, I heart you into your photo
- Draw in sand or create words with rocks or leaves
- Buy some of those candy hearts – they are so colorful and fun to capture in so many different ways
Capture the Moments
- If you have kids make sure you grab the camera and take pictures of your kids as they make or write out their Valentine’s Day Cards and in my case grab some shots of your child making their Valentine’s Day card box
- Bake a fun heart shaped cake or adorable cupcakes and capture the moment with kids
- Take pictures of your loved ones as they open up their gifts
Have Fun with Portraits
- Play with your photos by using a soft focus filter or editing the images in Photoshop
- Try some spot color editing with your image by making an image black & white and leaving an item like a flower full of color
- Use templates and textures that follow the Valentines theme – heart shaped bokeh, or heart shaped frames
There are so many fun and expressive ways to capture this Valentine’s Day. Have fun, don’t rush and enjoy the love and joy that comes along with such a loving holiday.
Other Ways to Connect"Like" us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
Visit our YouTube Channel
Visit our Celebrations Digital Scrapbooking Blog