- Picture More - http://blog.shutterfly.com -
Tips on How to Create a Tribute Card
Posted By Lynn Isenberg On May 2, 2011 @ 7:00 am In Family | 3 Comments
Creating a Tribute Card  is a wonderful gift. It’s an opportunity to support someone who is experiencing loss. The key to creating a tribute card is to:
1. Focus on the essence of the person or pet who has passed away and the joy that emanated from them to others.
2. Choose one word that defines their essence. For example, “funny”, “kind,” “gentle,” “sweet”, “loving”, “thoughtful,” “creative,” “inventive,” etc.
3. Share a story that includes the essence defined above. Ask yourself:
a. What was it about this person or pet that I admired most?
b. What was it about this person or pet that made me smile?
c. What was it about this person or pet that inspired me to be a better person?
d. What was it about this person or pet that contributed to my appreciation of life?
4. Share an image that represents the essence defined above. For example, if they were always smiling and upbeat, then a photo of their smile. If they loved the theatre, then include a photo of Broadway. If they loved to cook, add a photo of a chef’s hat. If they loved The Beatles, include the lyrics from their favorite Beatles’ song. If they loved summer thunderstorms, add a comment about that, too.
5. Remember that a tribute card can help transform energy around mourning a death to celebrating a life!
A tribute card is a special creation of heartfelt thoughts and pictures carefully blended together to honor the people, pets, and experiences that make us who we are and that give us reason to acknowledge others for their positive contributions. To Life!
By Author-Brand Strategist & Tribute Expert Lynn Isenberg, “The Funeral Planner” trilogy book series and digital series featuring Joss Stone, and founder of www.TheTributeNetwork.com 
The Tribute Network announces the first annual online Tribute Video Festival commencing June 1 – December 1, 2011. Visit www.TheTributeNetwork.com  to honor significant people and pets in our lives by sharing a short tribute video about a person or pet, alive or in spirit, who has made a contribution to your life. Learn more on May 8th when the Tribute Video Festival’s Hollywood Jury reveals more on the “Jackson Horn” reunion show on most Fox Network affiliates across the country. The Tribute Video Festival PSA is brought to you by the Wilbert Foundation, a non-profit organization providing grants and resources to help children deal with trauma and grief.
Lynn’s books and digital videos:
Article printed from Picture More: http://blog.shutterfly.com
URL to article: http://blog.shutterfly.com/7956/tips-on-how-to-create-a-tribute-card/
URLs in this post:
Creating a Tribute Card: http://pinterest.com/pin/create/button/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fblog.shutterfly.com%2F7956%2Ftips-on-how-to-create-a-tribute-card%2F&media=http%3A%2F%2Fblog.shutterfly.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2FPicture-More-Navy-5x7-folded-card.png&description=Tips%20on%20How%20to%20Create%20a%20Tribute%20Card
 www.TheTributeNetwork.com: http://www.thetributenetwork.com/
 The Funeral Planner: http://www.amazon.com/Funeral-Planner-Lynn-Isenberg/product-reviews/0977892344/ref=dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1
 The Funeral Planner Goes To Washington: http://www.amazon.com/FUNERAL-PLANNER-GOES-WASHINGTON/dp/0977892352/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1276112440&sr=1-2
 The Funeral Planner Digital Series: http://www.amazon.com/Funeral-Planner-shes-bringing-business/dp/B003QP6WMQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=digital-video&qid=1276088587&sr=1-1
 Grief Tributes: http://www.amazon.com/Grief-Tributes-Lynn-Isenberg/dp/097789231X/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1286477611&sr=1-1
 Grief Wellness: http://www.amazon.com/Grief-Wellness-Lynn-Isenberg/dp/0977892301/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1286477643&sr=1-1
Copyright © 2009 Picture This. All rights reserved. Please recycle.