- Picture More - http://blog.shutterfly.com -
My 5 favorite travel photos
Posted By Rachel B On July 30, 2011 @ 7:00 am In Family,Photo Tips,Travel | 5 Comments
If someone asked me to describe a typical summer travel photo I’d think of sunsets on the beach or people posed in front of famous spots like the Eiffel Tower or Niagara Falls.
But when I looked through my vacation photos this afternoon I realized that the shots I loved most were the ones that told stories.
Here are my five favorite summer travel photos. They may not be perfect, but their stories pull me in.
1. My goofy niece – I love this one because I can picture what happened just before the shot was taken. I’ll bet my sister tried to get my niece to pose, but she was a little punchy (as always) and couldn’t resist pulling a face.
2. Enjoying cocktail hour – this is a favorite of mine because each person is in their own moment. My niece is loving her slushy and looking at the camera as an afterthought, Mom is enjoying her beer and laughing at who knows what, and Dad is reaching for his water and wishing the camera would point somewhere else.
3. Mother and son – I am in love with this image of my great grandmother and great uncle. It looks like they’re reacting to someone off camera, and their expressions are totally candid. I feel like I’m experiencing the moment with them even though it happened over eighty years ago.
4. Guys will be guys – my grandfather and his ship buddies are using bow ties as mustaches for this clownish portrait. It happened about seventy-five years ago, but the image’s playfulness makes me feel like it happened yesterday. I think I would really like these guys! My grandfather is in the top row, second from the right.
5. Canoeing with pipe – this one mystifies me. I can’t tell if Grandpa is taking himself seriously or making fun of himself as an outdoor adventurer. The pipe is strange and wonderful.
Do you have favorite summer vacation photos? Why do you love them? Let me know by commenting on this article.
Article printed from Picture More: http://blog.shutterfly.com
URL to article: http://blog.shutterfly.com/9441/my-5-favorite-travel-photos-2/
Copyright © 2009 Picture This. All rights reserved. Please recycle.