Taking a family photo and sending out holiday cards is an annual tradition for many families, but it can often take too much coordination and organization to get the cards sent out before the end of the year. This year, you lessen the stress with a new tradition – New Year’s cards.
Whether you simply don’t have the time to send out cards during the holidays or want to spread your optimism for the New Year to family and friends, New Year’s cards are a simple alternative that still let your loved ones know you care without adding a layer to your end-of-year stress.
So, if you haven’t had a chance to take that perfect shot, why not get the family ready for a photo when you are all together for the holidays and say Happy New Year with a card from Shutterfly.
Here are some of the trend’s we’re seeing with this season’s New Year’s Cards
- “Brights & Bold” Candid Color: Go bold this holiday season with bright colors like electric blue, yellow and hot pink which make big impact and put a fresh twist on a personal moment. (The color trends for this year’s C&S collection; Shutterfly has card examples)
- Highlights from 2011: Tell your 2011 story this year with Shutterfly’s Story Cards and Collage Cards to include several photos that show your fabulous year to all your loved ones.
- Impromptu Moments: Surprise friends and family with a card that captures a series of shots that reveal the spontaneous and one-of-a-kind moments in life. Picture perfect need not apply.
- Photos Should Reflect Your Family and Personality: Traditional or spontaneous, find the photo first, let that guide your card design choice.
- Shutterfly’s New Year’s online destination www.shutterfly.com/cards-stationery/new-years-cards features resources and inspiring ideas for your own New Year’s card.