We are thrilled to have the experts from DestinationWeddings.com with us today sharing their top 5 reasons to plan a destination wedding.
It could happen during your first attempt at setting up your wedding budget, or perhaps when your Mom calls to discuss the extra 20 people needed to be added to your guest list. Maybe even after a bridesmaid asks “do I really have to wear that dress?” The point is, at some stage in the wedding planning process, most couples fantasize about jetting off and getting married abroad. Destination weddings are rapidly becoming more popular, as a record 25% of couples are saying “I do” somewhere other than their home base. So before diving into the stress that is an at-home celebration, consider these 5 reasons to say “yes” to a destination wedding.
- Amazing wedding photos –Choosing to have a destination wedding means you can skip the humdrum wedding poses and instead gather one-of-a-kind photos that make for a remarkable wedding album! From crashing waves and palm trees to stunning tulip fields and mountainscapes, your photos are sure to capture more than just the beauty of your union. Whether you choose to create an amazing photo book or order beautiful canvas prints, your love story is sure to be showcased in the most picture-perfect way.
- A beautiful ceremony at a fraction of the cost – In 2014, the average cost of a wedding at home was over $31,000*, not including the honeymoon. Thankfully, you can have a wedding away for as little as $8,800** without sacrificing the vision of your perfect day. Since paradise doesn’t need a lot of extra décor, you won’t need to shell out for elaborate flower arrangements or other decorations. Instead, splurge on your photographer to ensure your captured moments will be top-notch quality.
- Hassle-free planning – Between running from cake tastings and interviewing photographers and florists, your mind can stray from the importance of your soon-to-be nuptials when planning an at-home wedding. That’s why destination weddings are the way to go. Even better, working with a full-service company takes the work and stress of planning and booking for you and your guests off your own to-do list! Also, be sure to take advantage of the resorts’ preferred vendors to find a great photographer at a low cost.
Photo Source: Shannon Skloss Photography
- An extended vacation with friends and family – A destination wedding serves as in intimate affair with all of your favorite people, so they’ll be thrilled to attend your wedding-turned-vacation, especially when you start planning fun group excursions for everyone to take part in! Make sure to take your photographer (or just your own camera or smartphone) with you on these exciting adventures, so your wedding album is filled with every experience, not just your ceremony!
Photo Source: Brilliant Studios
- Getting a head start on the honeymoon – Let’s face it; the post-nuptial romantic getaway is more-often than not the best part of the wedding planning process. So why wait until after the reception to make your escape? Whether you choose an exotic island or a secluded retreat in the mountains, making your ceremony venue dual as a honeymoon hotspot not only saves you time, but also helps you keep your overall costs down. The best part? You can include snapshots from these special days in an exclusive honeymoon album to remember forever!
Photo Source: EM Weddings
*Source: The knot 2014 Real Wedding Statistics
**Source: Destination Weddings Travel Group 2015 Trend Report