It’s bridal shower time. Her big day is fast approaching, and you want to give her a unique gift sure to bring a smile to her face. Whether you’re the bride-to-be’s mother, friend or bridesmaid, here’s your one-stop guide to giving perfectly personalized gifts at the upcoming bridal shower.
Gifts for the Home
If the bride will be making a big move after her big day, why not set her up with some practical home items? She’s bound to receive boring china, plates and appliances at the wedding, so aim for something personalized yet useful for her future home. Here are just a few ideas:
- Picture Frames: Wow her—and maybe even induce some happy tears—with a personalized “Mr. & Mrs.” photo frame. Find a frame that matches her wedding theme, from the rustic quality of woodgrain to modern chevron stripes, and add her soon-to-be family name for a custom touch. A personalized frame makes a wonderful bridal shower gift that she’ll certainly cherish for years to come.
- Glassware: Personalized wine glasses are a perfect gift for the bride-to-be who likes to enjoy a glass of red on occasion. Or, get a little creative with mason jars featuring elegant etched personalizations. Customize with her and the groom’s initials, their planned wedding date or simply “Mr. & Mrs.” Not only will the glasses make fantastic mementos of their love, but they’d also be a perfect décor item for the wedding itself.
- Photo Pillows & Blankets: Give the bride-to-be a whimsical set of throw pillows inscribed with a monogram, or go all-out with a personalized fleece blanket printed with her favorite photo. If she’s the sentimental type, choose a picture that captures the heart of her relationship with the groom. Or, if the tone of the bridal shower is a little more relaxed, make a photo pillow or blanket featuring a silly childhood photo or funny captured memory.
- Shower Curtain: Why not give the bride a unique, personalized gift she’ll be able to see every day? Get a customized shower curtain, for a gift you can be sure no one else will think of. Personalize it with her favorite photos, whether they’re of family, a vacation or her and her Mr.
- Pet Accessories: If the bride and groom are “pet parents” who love to spoil their pooches or feline friends, turn up the cuteness factor with personalized pet accessories. Photo pet tags, bowls and placemats featuring Fido or Fluffy’s names are sure to be a hit with the pet-loving guest of honor.
Relaxation focused bridal shower gifts
Since her wedding day will be here soon, help the bride release some stress in the meantime with these relaxation-focused bridal shower gifts.
- Breakfast in Bed Kit: A personalized breakfast-in-bed tray, coupled with a pair of cozy pajamas and a monogrammed “Mrs. ____” robe, is the perfect pampering gift for the bride-to-be. Pair with recipe instructions (for the groom) on how to make her favorite breakfast.
- Wine of the Month: For that wine-loving bride-to-be, give her a membership to a “wine of the month” club to keep her well-stocked and relaxed in the months leading up to the big day. (This gift works great when paired with personalized wine glasses.)
- Honeymoon Gift Set: Is she planning a honeymoon to a tropical paradise? Give her a set of items that will help make her trip stress-free. This can include honeymoon guidebooks, travel-size suntan lotion, flip-flops, a monogrammed beach towel, a personalized beach tote and even a pretty lingerie set for her special getaway.
- Spa Day Certificate: Has the bride-to-be been noticeably stressed thanks to her impending wedding day? Help her relax and work out the kinks by giving her a gift certificate for a free spa day, a massage or even just a mani-pedi with her favorite ladies. Pair this with a personalized spa set to really wow her, or make it a couple’s spa day to keep the groom relaxed as well.
- Wedding Décor: If you know what she likes and what her wedding plans include, help ease the stress of wedding day decorating by taking care of some of the wedding décor. Whether that means giving her personalized wedding glassware, chic wedding signs and décor or a gift card for some of the flower bouquets, this gift is sure to make her day.
- Girls’ Night In: If she’s due for some much-needed “girl time,” give the gift of a relaxing girls’ night in. Enlist the help of the other bridesmaids or her other close friends to throw a pajama party. Order pizza or Chinese food, paint each other’s nails, make some margaritas (or mugs of hot chocolate) and hang out for an evening in front of the TV watching your favorite romantic comedies.
If the bridal shower or wedding is taking place close to a major holiday, such as Christmas, you might consider gifting her some seasonally-oriented items (especially if she’s a particularly festive person). A personalized Christmas tree ornament with her new family name is just one great idea. You could also give customized photo Christmas stockings to the soon-to-be Mr. and Mrs., or pamper her with something sweet like a hot-cocoa-making gift set.
No matter what gift you end up choosing, it’s sure to give the bride-to-be a little cheer. You know her best, so pick a personalized gift that will make her bridal shower truly special.