Since the Christmas season is all about joy, cheer and family, it’s the perfect time of year to announce that your family is growing. If the timing’s right, you can make the big announcement to your loved ones by sending out Christmas cards this year. We’ve gathered some of the cutest, most sentimental ideas for holiday-themed pregnancy announcements, from sayings to photos.
Announcing with Words
- We’re trading silent nights for a bundle of joy.
- We’re excited to say a little present is on the way.
- The more, the merrier…
- Love and cheer from our (growing) family to yours.
- Guess what Santa’s bringing us for Christmas?
- Our Christmas present came early this year.
- A Christmas miracle has blessed our home—finally, a baby to call our own.
- The best gifts don’t come under a tree. Merry Christmas from our soon-to-be family of three.
These unique, whimsical announcement sayings are the perfect way to share the news with your friends and family this Christmas season.
Announcing with Photos
They say a picture’s worth a thousand words. So, why not include a holiday-themed photo in your pregnancy announcement Christmas card? Check out these ideas for announcing your pregnancy with a festive portrait:
- Belly Bows: Wrap mom-to-be’s belly in Christmas-colored bows of red, green and glittery gold. Attach a gift tag that reads “Do not open until…” and finish with the baby’s expected due date. Fun, festive and subtle, this idea will make your loved ones do a double-take.
- Christmas Gift: For a perfect photo op, set the ultrasound photo in a propped-open gift box decorated with joyful bows, festive ribbon and Christmassy patterns. Make it even cuter by adding a Santa hat on baby’s head, and a gift tag with the due date. Add a christmas message such as “ho ho ho” to add a little more holiday cheer to the gift.
- Under the Mistletoe: In this photo idea, mom-to-be holds a sprig of mistletoe over her bump while dad gives her belly a kiss. Pose in front of the Christmas tree or outdoors in the snow for an extra touch of holiday cheer.
- Baby’s First Ornament: For this idea, you’ll need a personalized Christmas tree ornament for baby. Have one custom-made or simply write the due date on a classic ornament along with a saying of your choice. Take a photo of the ornament hanging on your tree, or cupped in the hands of the mom- and dad-to-be.
- Sweet as Can Be: Place two candy-canes in the shape of a heart over soon-to-be mom’s bump or atop an ultrasound photo. This is a simple way to relay the message loud and clear to your loved ones.
- Stockings: A simple photo of the future mom and dad’s Christmas stockings—along with a miniature one for baby—hanging on the mantle is a festive way to share the news.
- Deck the Halls: For an unmistakable announcement of your pregnancy, take a photo of your Christmas decorations—with a baby-themed twist. You could decorate your tree with baby toys and rattles. Add pacifier garland along the banister. Choose Christmas lights in pink and blue. Personalize tree ornaments featuring the ultrasound photos. Get creative and have fun.
Image via Kathy Singer
No matter how you choose to make the big announcement—whether with words, photos or both—your Christmas card is sure to be a hit with those you love. Send out these holiday-themed pregnancy announcements just as you would a regular Christmas card. Aim to have them in the mail sometime during the first week of December, to ensure everyone gets them in time. Then, just sit back and wait for the excited phone calls from friends and family as they share in your joy.